Monday, September 24, 2018

"CREDIT MAKES ENEMIES... LET'S BE FRIENDS"

When I was a boy growing up in the tiny town of North Brookfield, MA. dad always took me to Tony's Barber Shop and Bowl. Each time I got my "ears lowered"  small sign was emblazoned in my soul. It read "CREDIT MAKES ENEMIED - LET'S BE FRIENDS." How true.

Over my lifetime bad credit has never been an issue with me. I pay my bills!

Now, after the debacle (complete failure) of the electronic auction at the end of December, 2017,one creditor, Capitol One has proven to be anathema  of my financial scores. Big, big banks usurp our spirits. By the swiping of our plastic credit cards, the end result may prove to be disastrous! Years ago local bankers like "Pete" Herard granted you a loan based on a handshake. Today, electricity zaps us and the chip in the card machine makes a noise like a frog.

I follow my credit score closely. Traditionally it has been around 700. Today it comes in at 516: "POOR." Oh yeah, allow me to plead my case!

CAPITOL ONE was charging me over 24% interest for my $3,900 balance. Usurious interest charges have snowballed since the beginning of the year. What to do? I have grabbed the bull by the horns! I reverted to YOU TUBE and educated myself how to get out of the "money hole." It is working!

I called CAPITOL ONE and mitigated my rate from over 24% to 7.40%. At that rate I will pay $79.00 per month for 5 years. At that low rate and monthly obligation , the incentive will be to pay it down sooner. After making three consecutive months my account will no longer be delinquent!
Yes.."I got myself into it...I am getting myself out of it!"

SHELL denied me an updated credit card. Even though I pay a monthly gas bill of about $100, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing! My current balance is $414.26. Screw 'em!

As an entrepreneur I value my freedoms.  Soon my credit score will rise like the heat of summer. It is a revolving debt. In2011 the outstanding debt (in billions) was 841.5. In 2016 it was 992 billion! All of this financial info may be found on "Credit Card Debt Statistics: September 2018. Check it out.. all 10 pages but remember Tony Ingemi's sign

CREDIT MAKES ENEMIES; LET'S BE FRIENDS!

"Money creates as many problems as it solves." Jim Kenary..

This is like going to confession! LOL..screw 'em!

Robert L.
Busted
Box 11
West Brookfeild, MA


No comments:

Post a Comment