Tuesday, September 18, 2018

OUR FRAGILE MIRACLE - REDUX

When I was visiting in Australia for the third time in December of '98 I made two observations about the climate: In Cairns, hosting the Great Barrier Reef, John and Gayle Anthony's home has huge gutters collecting rain water in barrels. It was truly a paradise.  I stayed with the Anthony's for about a week!

I saw Australia's east coast from the window of a Greyhound. In Brisbane I noticed banana groves! I then flew from Cairns to Canberra where I met my Australia mate, the Late Rod Bryar. We then traveled down the mountaneous highway to KIAH, south of Sydney. There I lived an Aussie for another week.

The climate of Australia is very revealing. In Kiah large cisterns grace properties to collect rain water. The are at the mercy of the gods.

Today, her in the Brookfields an inch of rain has already fallen at 5:45 AM. While people "bitch, pis and moan" the weathermen have a way of foretelling weather conditions. That's why I no longer get mesmerized by their mantra. The hype is not necessary to know what the weather will be! JUST LOOK IN THE SKIES or listen to the pitter patter on your roof tops or window panes. I do.

In Vietnam I saw the monsoons take over 40 days of crystal blue skies. We had to sport a poncho just to walk to the Mess.

I try to look at my life philosophically! Weather..whether or not will not affect my mood. How about you?

"AFTER CLOUDS..SUNSHINE!"

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
OBSERVER OF MOTHER NATURE
Box 11
THE BROOKFIELDS
 
I LOVE THIS INSTRUMENT
 
 
 
My Weather Mentor  - Donald Kent
 
Bob Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment