Friday, September 14, 2018

109 MILE FRIDAY!

From breakfast at Tiffany's North Brookfield Senior Center to a Wallgreen's onto Springfield and the Big E my Friday was full.. very full!

I cannot say enough about the North Brookfield Senior Center kitchen volunteers. We had a $20 breakfast with eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, coffee and orange juice for the paltry sum of $3.00. Thirty five "oldies" showed up and the buzz was fantastic! I took over 30 group pictures from groups in each table. Kudos to the kitchen volunteers!

Proof pictures were developed at Wallgreens -Ware. They were given to Diane Nichols just now at the spaghetti supper. No Rotarians in sight!

Onto Springfield to the BIG E with Army buddy, John B. O'Sullivan. Admission was free for us Vietnam Veterans and boy, were there hundreds of ! We toured the 6 State buildings. I visited the Potter Mansion as "Johnny" went for French fries. We got separated for 90 minutes.. lost in the crowd! Not to worry. We laughed as we met at the black Honda.

After a visit to Longmeadow to see Eileen, Johnny's daughter, I high-tailed it back to North Brookfield for  a meatball and spaghetti dinner. About 25 people in attendance.  Community apathy, I guess.

The North Brookfield Town House is now being tended to. A massive scraping of paint effort has begun! Yes sir! Finally.








Back home again I now waltz into phase 3 of my Friday.. The 101 Boston Red Sox! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment