Friday, September 21, 2018

BOSTON, BASEBALL AND BOB POTVIN

My entire Friday was dedicated to getting to Boston, going to Mass General Hospital then to Fenway Park! Leaving my chalet sharply at 06:00 hours I zipped to Union Station in Worcester. Worcester is no strangest to me as I graduated from Worcester Junior College in 1962. My father and grandfather worked at HH Brown on Grand St.

Any commuter traffic anywhere in the world reveals the truth: slow as a turtle and impatient folks.. some texting.
 

 

 
Union Station beckoned me as I endured the Mas Pike yesterday and have a new respect in traveling by rail the 40 miles from city to city. The myriad of stops between South Station and Union Station doesn't bother me.

Today I met a fine middle-aged lady who works for a major publishing house. The lady was seen hustling to catch the 7:00 morning ride missed it by a hair. I with my cane yelled "save me a seat! She did. My life is about embracing humanity in all of my travels. I feel I am at my best in reaching out to strangers, friends and cops! LOL.

South Station was abuzz upon arrival. First I checked in with the concierge, Kevin Green of "Teddy Ballgame" fame. Kevin and I hit it off as we are kindreds spirits. We are dauntless and grab life's bulls by the horns! Today was no different.

Kevin tipped me off about one of the finest places to have breakfast Susan's, Of Course! Situated diagonally to the left lies an incredible enterprise. Six mature people orchestrate making breakfasts to order. The main "huckster" yells out each order.."Eggs over lightly, sausage and cheese." "SOAP  AND WATER TO GO" LOL Every time I go to Susan's I am mesmerized by what I witness. synergism personified!
Delicious meals at affordable prices.

Rather than going back to South Station and hailed a cab! "Mass General please" I spoke above his loud music playing. Then I asked him to please shut it off. He did. Traveling from South Station to Mass General is not for sissies during rush hour. As I know "the streets of Boston" I laid back and did my usual schtick: people watching.

Bingo.. I was at Yawkey. Fare 11:00 with a $2.00 tip. The amazing feature of the ride was paying by debit card and posting my tip. I luv it!

After having my blood drawn by favorite phlebotomist "Lin" a wonderful lady with a sense of humor I waited to see my oncologist, Bimal Dey, Md, PhD! I love him. Hailing from Bangladesh this London educated doctor is awesome. Our conversations are always political in nature..."no pain.. no gain!' Actually I came through again with flying colors. 

Next stop; Fenway Park. Yes, I began my search for credentials as an Independent Blogger! "Been there done that" so many times."
Long story short I discovered GAME ON pizza shop and gin mill. I sat at the bar and enjoyed my Chili, a diet Coke and nachos. Then I visited TWIN Enterprises on Yawkey Way. I spent much time looking at their offerings of clothing and attendant souvenirs. Because it is after 10:00 PM I will blogg again on my discoveries and make suggestions, Red Sox fans!

GAME ON>>

ROBERT L.

No comments:

Post a Comment