Thursday, March 1, 2018

THE WHITE LION OF MARCH IS COMING TO THE BROOKFIELDS!

Welcome to March the most exciting month of the year! Under the Full Worm Moon, the Brookfields will take on a new color: WHITE! Speculation runs rampant amongst the bobbling heads in Boston.


As a weather enthusiast since God knows when, it will be slam, bam, alakazam tomorrow night. It will be reminiscent of my March of 1956 as an eight grader at St. Joseph School, North Brookfield. The fury of that Saint Patrick's Day blizzard will be a repeat 62 years later!


My homespun forecast: The worst possible conditions will develop off the coast. If only I could be back on the shore of North Truro reading Thoreau's poetry. Instead, all the hills of the Brookfields will scream and it will be man versus Mother Nature. But why not? It's MARCH all over our bodies.


Northeast winds may reach hurricane force. Beethoven's 6th will be played by me for effect. Hunkering  down will be the password. Trees may fall because of the wet, heavy snows of Kilimanjaro. Fijol's snowplows will be roaring past my abode. I love it.


Richard B. Johnson, one of my main men will be getting blasted in Leo-minster. We both share the enthusiasms of frustrated meteorologists. Today we are "weather-boys" with our own stations - our personal computers. Snow plowers will enjoy their screaming diesels with twin blades. Hannaford Brothers will do a land-office business today. I am "all set as my freezer is loaded with TV dinners for the next ten days!


Sunrise is peeping over my right shoulder. Wonderful. 33 degrees is read on my Atomic Clock. My Bedroom Television images are surreal and everything in bob Potvin's life is in order...SO.. "Let It Snow; enjoy the storm of the century redux."


Yours truly,


ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
A METEOROLOGIST WANNABE
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 01585


508-867-3360 Anytime

SALEM'S FLOWERS


ME



Brookfield


WALNUT ST.  NB

THE LATE RAY BLAKE





BOB & RITA MOTHER


MY DOLLAR GENERAL OF 1934 NB

No comments:

Post a Comment