Wednesday, March 14, 2018

MY 911 PHONE CALL JUST NOW 5:23 AM

My day began with a surprise: In coming back from Country Corner and a cup of freshly brewed coffee  at the Town Hall intersection I braked for a red light. I couldn't stop and glissaded into the intersection. A red pick up was coming from my right.


My Honda slid as I attempted to stop. "'No Go." I was helpless. One patch of ice on Route 9 WB.  terrible.  With commuter flow beginning to pick up.. "Drivers beware! Ice is much, much worse than snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I got home safely and called 911. I actually spoke with two dispatches. "What is your Emergency?" A central operator answered then referred me to 911 New Braintree. Jason took my message and assured me he would notify the cops and highway personnel immediately.


SO, keep it in mind how helpless you are. Slow down and remember: "THE LIFE YOU SAVE MAY BE YOUR OWN airbags and all!


ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

Fales House  WB


No comments:

Post a Comment