Thursday, March 8, 2018

A PHONE CALL FROM SOUTH GEORGIA JUST NOW

If "poetry cleanses, " our new fallen snows is poetry personified! "Eight inches of heavy wet snow' according to Josh in the Brookfields.


Maurice Barfield, an auctioneer friend and brother, too, is weather wise. We are kindred spirits in so many ways. Just now @ 09:00 hours Jerry called in for my current weather observations. We chewed the fat and compared notes for over 20 minutes.


In Georgia it is 35 degrees and the South is in full bloom. The peach trees are in a growth cycle with new baby peaches. There's only one problem...the fear of having a killing frost.


I have found in my travels across many of the 50 States each segment sustains its own beauty...oceans, mountains, flat lands. etc. Spring, being in the air there, is redolent as if perfume bottles  were placed beneath each tree. For that shining moment Mother Nature tells us the Spring has arrived in the South.


Here in the Yankee Northeast  "it is a horse of a different color:" IVORY WHITE. Fluffy snows are still stuck to the trees.. both coniferous and deciduous specie. As I see it, each Nor'easter pelting us has its own metrological personality. Slush is like "refined do-do.." The powdered snows are my cup of tea. The Historic Cross Inn beckons weary travelers to stop by for a cup of seafood chowder and to enjoy the ambience of it all. Come and join me for lunch  me today!


There's no need to be depressed my friends. Spring is just around the corner.. but what corner I don't know.


My landlord, Son Josh, will arrive shortly to blow the new fallen snow off my driveway. I don't concern myself with many things including snow removal. Save it for your kids and grandkids to attend to.


My curiosities of life lie in a different areas of intellectual growth. U.S History, language and "pretty women!" LOL.


So, enjoy the day. LBJ'S "War on Poverty" coming up next.


BOBBY THE SNOWMAN


Robert Louis Potvin
Box 11
Snowsville, Massachusetts

Ben meets a thundering wave at Longnook CCNS
185 lbs!

No hits..no runs..Your Erroneous Zones



Seafood Chowder at Salem Cross

Antique tool displays

Privvy


 


01585











No comments:

Post a Comment