Tuesday, March 6, 2018

RED SKY IN THE MORNING

My old friend, Jane L. Newton of Royalston, MA once used the meteorological term "Storm Breeder." Her wisdom told me she knew what she was talking about!


On April 1, 1960 the first weather satellite.. Tiros 1. was successfully launched from it's pad at Cape Canaveral, FL. The life in low orbit was about 78 days according to Wikipedia. This one success was a meteorologist dream! The Old Farmer's Almanac had met its match..an 'Eye In The Sky'..


It seems weather forecasting has grown as television has grown. The knowledge gained in this present moment educates and entertains the world. Bill Cosby is quoted as saying "I watch the Weather Channel with no volume of sound." Not a bad idea!!! This will be my "weather idea" for the next 24! The variety of weather images will entertain all of us for sure..


America is getting slammed by weather happenings. Death and destruction  will be prolific in many areas. Nothing can harness the fury of Mother Nature..nothing. Our "Water Globe" will be revealing the tempest of times with surreal images. Stay tuned.


Yesterday I traveled to the WB Town Barn and replenished my supply of sand and salt. I carry a shovel in my old Honda trunk with a corrugated sturdy black box. I have my supply of water bottles and a week's worth of TV Dinners. How romantic. LOL.


Winter is still here; Spring is back in Punxatony, PA  bury Phil's head.


My two car garage is a Godsend.








Robin Lee Perron


Saint Louie, MO

Geo. Cohan's Home Bell St., NB






The Late Stanley Hubacz


Ahem

By taking the offensive I hope to prevail in flying colors. Red Sky at Night will be our delight.


As Ben Franklin said..."Some people are weatherwise but most people are otherwise." Storm "QUINN".. Ed Quinn or Senator Phil Quinn? LOL.


Yours in the Weather.. whether or knot!


ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
YOUR ASTUTE OBSERVER IN THE BROOKFIELDS
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 01585


5089-867-3360

No comments:

Post a Comment