Thursday, March 15, 2018

ON GUN CONTROL IN AMERICAN SCHOOLS - 2018

In my travels to Oklahoma City and the Museums of Wyoming I observed f cause and     


The West was Won" by "Derringers & Winchesters." Wyoming best states a reality of life: THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS.


As an Estate Auctioneer I have seen few homes with guns. Leo L. Delude's estate bore several guns. Chief Delude protected the citizens of Massachusetts. Up front I say all officers HAVE THE TOUGHEST JOBS POSSIBLE. From State Cops to avid sportsmen like "Timmy" Nolan firearms are a reality...so accept the fact.


As a instructor at the AETNA adjusters' school ,my story was about  a crusty old Marine claimant who shed some light: "IT'S EITHER KILL OR BE KILLED!" In my "Vietnam Interruption" Sgt. Smith told us in Basic Training in Fort Knox, KY..."This weapon is made for one reason: "TO KILL OTHER MEN!" The M-14 came of age!


My Uncle Freddie Charron once gave me a Marlin .3855 lever action rifle. It was a beauty... octagonal barrel and a machined swirl revealed looking down its barrel. Marion Varney's estate auction revealed a Flint Locks owned by :"Babe."


As a Federal Ranger at Cape Cod National Seashore I carried a weapon while I worked the third shift on patrol. My snubbed nose revolver made a message clear: Don't fool with me! On the funnier side, enter TONY KOLTZ a Korean Veteran and fellow Ranger.


Tony was visiting one day and stood in my doorway at Crapser Cottages, N. Truro. He tool out his pistol,  steadied himself on the doorway and pulled the trigger. BANG. Tony shot the ball off the top of a flag pole 100 feet away. I, in my naiveté said had said 'If you knock the ball off I'll give you $100.00. As the ball fell.. I fell to the ground in disbelief. He jokingly said " you better watch out what you say!" This was in 1964.


The same Summer my "crazy" roommate, Charlie L came in one night as I was sleeping.  WHERE'S YOUR PISTOL, BOB?"  In the draw. Why? I'm taking it!. Half hour later he returned the pistol. "Charlie, are you alright?"
Yes.


My roommate was in hot pursuit of a man who took his girlfriend away.


Working on the South Side of Chicago as an Aetna Man I was assigned to handle a n Insurance Claim against Walgreens. The lady alleged "finding some chards of glass in her cup of coffee." Don Rolfe, my supervisor said "Deny her claim." I did and her husband flipped out.


IF YOU DON'T PAY HER I have something under my wing for you!"..A GUN? My mission was to retreat ASAP. My promise to them was "to Call Hartford and get approval to pay them something. I didn't and a letter  of representation came in from a lawyer! End of stories


I have 5 grandkids in school.. ranging from ages 13 to three.


The only resolve I can think of is to have morning formations...AND EVERYONE PASS THROUGH  A METAL DETECTOR. If we want peace of mind America must go on an all-out offensive.
My friend, RICHARD B. JOHNSON designs systems for safety. As an x-ray tech. in Vung Tau I once shot an x=ray of a man's forearm.. or leg? WOW. It revealed lead pellets incurred 18 years before.


X-RAYS are one answer! Metal Detectors are x-ray machines. Look at the Federal Govt Blue Shirts..in Homeland Security. DA. I think the Federal Government in unison with CORPORATE AMERICA is the best resolve in the final analysis. EVERY SCHOOL SYSTEM must have metal detectors! Teachers packing side arms? NEVER,,,I REPEAT..  NEVER!


The best and only defences can be Detectors and education. This is where the NRA can come into the picture. Even the rich NRA can sponsor the installations of such in metal detectors. X-Rays don't lie!


"The Right To Bear Arms".. Of Course. This is America!.


ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
A CONCERNED CITIZEN with resolve.
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 01585


508-867-3346 Anytime











No comments:

Post a Comment