Wednesday, March 7, 2018

SETON HALL UNIVERSITY AND THE BIG EAST TOURNEMENT 2018

Seton Hall Men's Basketball and the Potvin Family has been BIG since the moment SonBen matriculated to it's South Orange campus in September, 1990.Two years later, much to my surprise SonJosh followed Ben's peripatetic footsteps. The $160,000.00 investment, today, is yielding wonderful dividends of delight: PIRATE BASKETBALL!


In cleaning my two car garage for spring I came across a tattered and town gold ticket stub entitled 'Madison Square Garden 1993 BIG EAST CHAMPIONSHIP  New York." This one find reinforces my bonds with my men.. now ages 45 and 43.


Better yet, Chase Robert Potvin, at age 13 is revealing his Pirate Basketball enthusiasm by penning an unbelievable powder blue rendering Pirate logo yesterday." I just drew this POPS!" Wow. 'How much do you want for it?" I queried "Make me an offer!" Father Joshua piped in and we had a fun go-around  for the next ten minutes! "But I want to show it to my mom, Heidi, first."


Well, I tell you, "Chase-Ball" is on his way both academically and in sports and leadership. I have dubbed him "Chase-American." He's like the Ernie DiGregario of Providence College. Not big, but aggressive and plays with heart.


It is even more fun seeing my grandson  hustling down the courts of his young life...and in competition with his sisters Lily, Madeline and Evelyn-Rose, the U-Conn Husky woman who is awesome. Rebecca Lobo?


Tomorrow night the sports world and America will see the Big East ball-handlers at their finest. Actually they began playing tonight. The teams are familiar: Seed 1..Xavier .. 2. Villanova.. 3. Seton Hall.. 4. Creighton.. 5..Providence  6..Butler..7..Marquette..8. Georgetown..9..St. Johns..10th Seed DePaul.


The Pirates  are 10-8 in the Conference. Nothing is finer in our lives than watching the games as if I had a front row seat.. and I do in watching my 75" Sony HDTV that is as big as life.  GO PIRATES!


Yours truly,


AN OLD BILLIKEN TURNED PIRATE FAN.


ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
Row 1  Seat 1
The West of Brookfield, MA


508-867-3360 Anytime










Like Chase Drew




No comments:

Post a Comment