Monday, March 12, 2018

MY "BIG-IDEA" MONDAY IN SPRINGFIELD AND NORTHAMPTON, MASS.

Having driven 109.9 miles today  in my clean-running 10 year old  black Honda Accord with 231,000 miles it.. I breezed along with breeze. No radio blaring.. my first stop was in Palmer looking for a street location for Nancy D.of North Brookfield who is taking a Pennsylvania Dutch next month. Have fun, Nancy! I did find TOM'S  ELECTRONICS! I think I have resolved  my over-abundance of flat screen TVs in my garage.


I paid a quick visit to Frank Tencza in Wilbraham. My college friend and fellow Vietnam brother. Even met his smiling daughter, Debbie! Frank recently gave me one of his acrylic paintings:"Cat Running off Nauset!"




 Next stop was Springfield Museums. As mentioned I am donating my entire Kennedy-Johnson Collection. The normal "red-tape" is at hand. My original print showing of the Pulitzer Prize winning  photo by AP Photographer, Paul Vathis. This one iconic photo of Ike and JFK is truly iconic.




Next stop was the HOLYOKE SOLDIERS' HOME for resolution of my lost lower dentures. I received more satisfaction in talking to retired dental assistants. WOW. Thanks ladies. "The truth never fell dead in the street" as President Harry S. Truman once said  retorting to a snide remark. For now I will eat "Baby Food" and Big Mac Jr's with A strawberry shakes.


Be it as it may, my interest in dentistry will steer me in the right direction... sooner or later.


A highlight of my Monday was visiting the Salvation Army Family Store on Route 9 in Hadley, MA. My lifetime experiences as an Estate Auctioneer. This  place is absolutely the BEST. Who don't you take a 30 mile ride from the Brookfields and bring a few bucks. I buy all of my clothing at the SA these days. Amazing. Brooks Brothers, Yale-Genton.. all famous brands of suits and sport coats for nothing. Blazers for a song ($7.99!) Today was 50% off day. My total purchase was only $5.79.OMG.


Next to Staples for a stapler. "No way, Jose!" Son Josh will fix my old one. I Did buy two reams of printer paper (Made in Canada!) Don't we have paper mills any more in the USA! Come on  Mitt Romney! where's Your allegiance to our flag!


MONDAY, MONDAY..I DID TRUST THIS DAY!


Thanks, again, Monday!


Yours truly


ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 01585


508-867-3346 Anytime


















JFK & EISENHOWER AT CAMP DAVID 1961
Pulitzer Prize Winner 1962 by AP Photographer Paul Vathis


No comments:

Post a Comment