Thursday, March 15, 2018

REMEMBERING THE SPENCER DELONHCHAMPS

Emery A. Delongchamp was my Dad's best friend! Emery and Joe labored behine shoe making machines at H.H. Brown Shoe in Worcester in the 30's and 40's. AS I recall Emery brought out the best in my "harmonica-playing" father.


Emery read the book and HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE by Dale Carnegie. My dad never did even though Emery hounded him to.


Anyway, Mr. D. the father married a young lady from Paris! Germaine was a  refined Parisian. From time to time I met the Delongchamps in their Spencer home.


Emery had such an infectious spirit. Her was humble, intelligent and compassionate. He gave a damn for his fellow man. In turn he climbed life's ladder and was head of the regional Welfare system in Southbridge. But Emery was more than that. He too owned a small insurance agency in town.Further Emery sold real estate and even sold my home on King Street in 1972..


Today I read Phillip Delongchamp's Obituary with sadness and remembrance. Clearly his Christian life was a mirror of Emery and Germain's upbringing. SPENCER







HAS LOST THEIR GUARDIAN ANGEL! RIP Phillip.


Sincerely,


ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 01585











No comments:

Post a Comment