Wednesday, March 14, 2018

MY MARCH WEDNESDAY IN RETROSPECT.

With a confirmation of my party affiliation at the Boston Elections Division, because I am a registered Republican, in name only, I proceed  in obtaining with my goal of 10,000 signatures from  registered voters to be submitted by Towns and City Clerks in the Commonwealth. Let's go!


My visit with Doctor Bimal Dey gave me two thumbs up. Dr. Dey is a friend with two doctoral degrees.: M.D. & PhD. I love it. I attempted to get into speak with Dr. Peter Slavin at MGH, its President.. but a "No go." Must work in the chain of command, once again. Alternatively I will mail Dr.  Slavin my Media kit!


From the 9th Floor of Yawkey, I reported for my reception with D.D.MD.  I got weighed in with a good BP reading. Right on! My friend from Haiti was all smiles when I told her of my running for the U.S. Senate. Earlier I gave Madeline and Ghemia? a copy of my booklet,  "One Lucky Soldier" my accounting about being a Soldier and  about my year serving as a Medic in Vietnam 1967  1968. Adrienne, my nursing "buddy" also received my booklet . I left a copy for my phlebotomist, Lin. I also dropped one off at Dr. Donna Greenberg; Office.(sub rosa.)


My lunch at MGH Cafeteria was terrific. "Mushroom & noodles soup" and a chocolate milk  for a $3 bill. I drove up the hill to One Ashburton Place and went to the 17th Floor Elections Division, and Calvin, "My Bro," gave me a package of over 10,000 Nomination Papers..white  in color. Next stop, The Boston Globe on Morrissey Blvd near the JFK Library and Museum. What?! The vast building complex is empty. Next stop JFK to see my friend Mike Hancock, star salesman in the Bookstore. "Not working today!" Damn. Once again I left my Kit.


Now.. does anybody know where the GLOBE is located. "Yes on State Street." So I called an Independent Cab. The first driver is from Jamaica! Nice friendly guy who hails from Randolph, MA. A $17.40 fare didn't stop me. I gave him a $20.00 bill and like Harry Chapin's lines in TAXI.."Keep the change.!"


I was disappointed the Globe wouldn't see me..so what! A cab back to Kennedy..to my "BLOG-mobile!" .."Keep the change. JOE!" Again a nice guy and proud father whose son graduated from U Mass Amherst in electronics. "I gave him my card and Joe will ask his son to log onto my declaration of Candidacy for the United States Senate.


Last stop was in Natick to PVP for my update. Paul and I were buddies at Saint Louis U. from 1963 - 1965. Paul is sapient in the ways of Massachusetts Politics ..with all smiles and great advice! "Notify Town Moderators requesting 5 minutes to speak at their Town Meetings if possible. Will do, Paul.!


At 6:30 PM I tuned in to WBZ and listened intently the The Evening News. To begin my day I buying the Springfield Republican for a buck and paid $2.50 for a Worcester Telegram. "Very Interesting" as old Arte' Johnson would say on LAUGH IN.


The GPS Johnson gave me after mine was purloined from my Chevy S-10 was a godsend as my SmartPhone died. So what. I know how to get to the printer!


As to the National scene I say:  ENOUGH!

John B. O'Sullivan reached me in Beantown before my phone died. Tomorrow I pick Johnny O up at 10:30 at his Springfield home. for more strategic campaigning...out to Western MAss.


"Tub Time,"  then relaxation, then "Light's Out! ZZZZZZZZZZZ.. LOL.


ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
 A MAN WITH A MISSION
Box 11,
West Brookfield, MA 01585


508-867-3360 Anytime








No comments:

Post a Comment