Sunday, March 4, 2018

JUST HOW ORGANIZED ARE YOU ON A SCALE FROM 1 TO 10?

As I lay in my twin bed on this Sunday morning I ratcheted up my new day in deep thought. I began by thinking how I would organize my abode. I live in only 5 rooms: Office.. Bedroom.. Kitchen.. Bathroom and First floor attic.


Of recent times over the winter months I've taken to heart the words of Earl Nightengale sales motivator. His secret is simple: Make a list of Things To Do and prioritize things. This will give you incredible results as I am finding out.


In these days pf a paperless society I am finding I have more papers than the Sunday New York Times. Amazing. Further 2017 was my year of Salvation Armies.. BUYING STUFF I REALLY DON'T NEED. From antiquarian books to anything and everything my cup runneth over... or so it seems.


I think in this era of a cashless life I'm inundated with stuff from 12 pair of sneakers and shoes and LL Bean boots. It doesn't concern me as I know how to "drain my swamp" of frivolity with few necessities holding on. So I ask you: How organized are you really?


The most expedient way to becoming organized is to SEGREGATE  "APPLES WITH APPLES...ORANGES WITH ORANGES.


Thoreau's advice more than one hundred years was to "SIMPLIFY>" I can't imagine the American the American lexicon  of words in his times. Anything to do with our lives and lifestyle back then was non-existent.  The one scientific word came from Samuel F.B. Morse: TELEGRAPH>. Nothing of that era existed as it does today.


My friend "Barfield" in South Georgia has a propensity in collecting old Chevrolet trucks! Other friends have a plethora of antique clocks, etc. Collectors become HOARDERS. They are overtaken by their innate desires.


Becoming organized takes self-discipline. It also takes forethought (as I'm employing in my mind.) We must separate "the wheat from the chaff!" One easy way is to "seize Spring" with yard sales. I know I am going to. We must prioritize our living standards! My friend Charle
ne in Carolina collects Salt & Pepper Shakers. Is it time to disenfranchise your collection?


You must remember the Good Old Days of collecting has been transformed. Our Smart-Phone lives have replaced so much. I once sold a Jim Beam Two Handled Jug to a dealer in Cheyenne for $100. Today, maybe it is worth a fraction? History and nostalgia may be a thing of the past? Be careful as your living space will become flooded with "stuff" as my Late Friend Ralph W. expounded time and time again.


Take a look at the donations at the Salvation Army! Pretty classy stuff. But wait! Do you really need it? LOL.


It is very difficult to break old habits. I know. But.. "I am my own solution."
Emerson is quoted as writing "We must all turn a new way of courage " so I'll close by saying "LESS IS MORE and MORE IS LESS!"


Thin out your crops, folks. Time to weed your garden of life.!


My score on a scale of 1 to 10 is about 8.6 in organization. today, March 4, 2018 I vow it will surpass 9.0 by 5:00 P.M. tonight! Honest! Maybe I'll find my missing lower dentures? HA HA HA.


Sincerely yours,


ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
ORGANIZER
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 01585


508-867-3360 Anytime



No comments:

Post a Comment