Saturday, March 17, 2018

MY SECOND 911 PHONECALL TODAY IN SPRINGFIELD

  1. Fear is an acid to our souls.

  2. Worry is rust on your surgeon's scrapple.

  3. Ulcers can negate your happiness and well being.

  4. Obesity is like carrying around two cinder block on your ankles.

  5. All alcohol has implications you wont believe.

  6. All tobaccos kills far more than bullets from assault weapons.

  7. Driving a car or truck is far more dangerous than we realize.

  8. All of the above  are compounding   our reaching for the stars. 

  9. Poverty and malnutrition kills more children than Agent Orange did.

  10. Our human conition is headed for a huge iceberg in Hell.

This morning I had to call 911 after arriving in Springfield. My Brother "Johnny O' sported a big black and blue bruise on his right temple. I've had falls and haven't slept for days. "Johnny O's countenance reflected a sorrow old man.. age 71! Earlier, upon arrival from  West Brookfeild I arrived hearing his behest in a very weak voice. 'Get me 2 packs of WINSTONS, please, "Robert L."


I concurred with  Johnny O's wishes. wishes. Where do I go? I asked. "Cumberland Farms. Leaving his first floor flat I felt relieved getting out in the late Winter sunshine. Our plans to go out into the District was aborted!


Johnny O. now was sitting on the "throne." I could tell things weren't right. As I composed a ham & cheese sandwich on fresh sliced Italian bread I sat in solitude enjoying my repast with some Hood's Chocolate milk. I looked up towards his bathroom and he was on the floor!


I acted instead of reacting! My "mate".. was he dead or alive? I called to "Johnny O" Are you alright? No response. Not good. I had no way of calling his daughter Eileen or son Rory. What to do? My Military memory of my  being a medic in Vietnam in 1966 at the 36th Evacuation Hospital's 345th Medical Detachment told me to call 911 again. I did!


"911  What is your medical emergency? I told the dispatcher the details of my observation and was connected to another 911 Operator in Springfield.
What is your emergency? In a confident tone of voice I told her. "Is he bleeding from the mouth?' "Is he breathing?" "Yes, barely." "Fine I will dispatch an ambulance immediately."


IN EXACTLY ONE MINUTE IR ARRIVED. Molly and friend stooped down to "Johnny O" with glasses off lying on his right side. Johnny O is heavy at about 250. An incessant smoker of a pack of Winston regular cigarettes a day. Will my firend make it? It took two Springfield Officers and two Paramedics to get Johnny O on a litter.( Military term for stretcher." "he's going to Bay State" molly said with a half smile  and her jet black hair half way down her back. Okay.  No family name could be found.


Before Johnny O left his home Molly recorded all of his prescribed medications. Also the interrogated my Pal regarding a possible Pacemaker..Maybe he muffled his response." Acting real fast I graben my Smart Phone and snapped a colored photo of police, medics and cruiser on my phone. Now I have an action photo of 5 humans! Once I learn how to download it I will post.


In the meantime, in between time I left a note on my blue blog card to children. "Dad is at Baystate... and the time..12:08. I ahd been deterred by watching a fantastic take on GOLD! Unbelieveable! This will be my featue BLOG for tomorrow.


Next I went to "Bradley" inquiring about a possible flight to "DC.?
 Absurd prices.. "Cheap parking: only $3.46.'


Now to BayState  Hospital Emergency..


by way of Suffield. CT.Got directions on my SmartPhone. Nice!


I'm told "Johnny O is still in Emergency! My old friend "Mr. Jay Security" recognized the "Potvin " name.." POTVIN AUCTIONEERS? Yes!


Now comes the kicker: Medical Staff wants Johnny O to remain...Eileen relates how stubborn her dad, Johnny O is. I say "Johnny..They want you to stay! "Definitely not!. Not in the  plans."


I  HAVE  I HAVE TAKEN THE TIME TO TELL MY STORY as FALLS are omnipresent in our lifes...inside and out.. dry grounds or icey.. I do not fear falling but I DO WEAR SNEAKERS FOR TRACTION. In the snow I feel I have on "Snowtires." Think before you leap!"


Thanks Johnny O for allowing me to create more awareness's OR BETTER LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP  OR YOU'LL "FALL ON YOUR ASSES!


Robert LOUIS POTVIN


VIETNAM MEDIC AND INSURANCE ADJUSTER
Slip& Fall Claims happen all the time.


You must straighten up and fly right!.. otherwise...YOU KNOW!



11:00 PM  As a Post Script I luckily reached "Johnny O!" He's a nighthawk. He sounded like his old old self saying He was going to take it easy for a couple of days! 'Watch your step.

Time for my bath, BOBBY., "Johnny O" LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment