Wednesday, July 20, 2016

THE FIRST FAMILY vinyl FEATURING VAUGHN MEADER AS JFK

How many blog readers remember President Kennedy Vaughn Meader soundalike? On October 22, 1962, THE FIRST FAMILY vinyl album hit the streets., It was an overwhelming success!
 
Seven million copies were sold and 7.5 in Volume 2. America and the World loved hearing the parody of The First Family.. everybody except IKE. The album was the largest and fastest selling album of all times according to Wikipedia.
 
I was in college when this famous album hit the streets. People even asked me to mimic the president. I did a pretty good job! An Easterner in the Mid-west game me position. I exploited my accent!
 
The sad thing to this blog is the Assassination immediately stopped record sales. Somewhere along the way I bought this JFK album for a song. It is mint with the protective sleeve.
 
Readers can hear this on You Tube or on E Bay. The CD was produced in 1999. Kennedy once said the recording sounded more like Bobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment