Monday, July 25, 2016

CAPE COD AND NORTH TRURO.. HERE I COME!

I muse over a lifetimes of Cape Cod Memories. Since 1954 I became a fan of the Cape. In 1964 I wore a gold badge and the uniform of the National Park Service having patrolled the awesome sand dunes of Truro and Provincetown. The experience proved to be surreal. Now, as a man of four and seventy I realize the importance of tomorrow's trip.

JFK made sure the Cape Cod National Seashore would be "forever." Absolutely nothing has changed since it's inception in 1961. CCNS was the first executive order
signed by our new president! Today, folks from around the world visit the Cape in every season.

I love Patty Page's 'OLD CAPE COD' song as an eternal testimony to what The Cape. Parts of the Cape that is. is. I am a purist when it comes to Cape Cod. So now I embark on my solitary journey knowing Old Cape Cod can ,never let me down.
 
THE MAN WHO GOT ME THE RANGER POSITION
 
 
 
LONGNOOK BEACH
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment