Saturday, July 9, 2016

HOW TO WRITE A GOOD BLOG WITHOUT TRYING

As a writer for 60 years, writing a blog is second nature to me. Some bloggers struggle in composing their thoughts.. others just sit down and do it. Mastering your English composition is tantamount in making your story plausible. As you grow with your keyboard at hand, your brain gets in synch. Of most importance is developing a vocabulary fit for a king or queen. Study, man!

Learning new words thrill me even as I get ready for my 74th birthday.( July 29th.) You must think like Grandma Moses! Words are pegs you hang your hat on. Further you must break down your ideas not ramble like Mr. Trump. Some folks do crossword puzzles.

Spellcheck, today, is a godsend. How can we miss? Punctuation, capitalization and other conventions of the written word will guide you in your quest for being the best! I have a book Janie Tencza gave me a while back Webster's Standard American Style Manual  will be at my side tonight as I brush up on things.

Writing is storytelling. If you are good at storytelling you will be good as a blogger. The kicker for me came in my 30s. As an estate auctioneer I began writing auction fliers. I organized my thoughts, bought some Knofp appraisal books and went to town. Today, I have souvenirs of my auction fliers.

My pageviews number over 15,000.More importantly I just keep blogging and enjoy telling the world what my life is all about. ACTION & ADVENTURE! You are never too old to have fun...at least try to.

While letterwriting seems to be fading into oblivion blogging is where it is at. Dust do it!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment