Tuesday, July 26, 2016

NO VACANCY

No
Vacancy !

It was like being in the U.S. Army! Up at 5:00 AM, a tank of Citgo's finest and I was off and running.. well driving on I-90, then I- 495 right to the Sagamore Bridge. The early sun blindsided me until I heads the Grand AM southeast. Once I got across the Canal I opted for ROUTE 6A.  It seemed Patty Paige could be heard in the background..I loved it.
 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 



 
 

 
 




You're Sure To Fall In Love With Old Cape Cod!

Runners, walkers, bicyclists were dangerously close to my machine. First Stop was the Visitor center in Eastham. Friendly rangers who guided me to a Senior Pass good for life! good for National Parks and Recreational Lands $10. This Government location was loaded with Government vehicles and personnel. I was given a folded map of CCNS.

I didn't give it much thought about my possible accommodations in North Truro
Upon arrival an unfriendly-type said 'No Vacancy." OK, Google. I just love Route 6A and meandered into downtown P-Town. Center Street was overflowing with tourists. The kicker came when the parking sing read $20 all day! I said PASS. I had been there out of season and this is the best alternative for "Cheap Charlies." I moved on back to North Truro, a place I am akin to. P-Town is way too commercial.

I drove to my cabins of 1964 and found a trail leading to an amazing find. A senior citizen greeted me. After exchanging pleasantries she said "This is quintessential Cape Cod. Looking down a very steep banking I agreed. When she told me of her rental prices I realized times have changed. I gave her my Blogger and heard a yelp. "West Brookfield my home!"

A small world, for sure.

Then she told me of an affordable one night stay $200. PASS. Then and there I decided to go to Marconi Station in Wellfleet.. then I was off to see the Wizard of Oz. All along I kept a watchful eye to my gas consumption. WOW.

31.4 MPG.. my Pontiac Grand AM with 186,300 miles on it impressed me to no end.
It was to the Cape and back in 11 hours clocking 370 miles. In the long run is was inexpensive.. from a crisp $100 bill came two fill-ups, food, a pass and $28 for tomorrow!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment