Monday, July 11, 2016

SO THIS IS WHAT THEY CALL OLD AGE

So this is what they call old age. First it was my hair. The loss was insidious. Right before my dad died in 1983 he noticed a grey hair in my temple. As I grew into my fifties sons Ben and Josh said "you're bald, dad." I laughed it off. But that was then. now Josh shaves his balding head. Ben's more conservative.

Next, it was trying to save my teeth. Thousands of dollars later my teeth bit the dust as dentures proved to be the omen of seventy-something..I still stood tall thinking I will live forever. Now months later I hate my false teeth. Everyone seems to have compassion for me saying "Bob, they look good."

National Grid bill $73.57. Cheap enough!

Despite my bitching about things I continue to get by with the help of my friends. The most debilitating so far are my knees. Not funny. But I see older folks in my travels who have it worse than I do. Carpel tunnel seems to be awful as evidenced by an older lady at the post office today. Old age is rust oleum she said.

Speaking of rust my recent auto spending's are over $600. Nice. And I paid cash for them all. Today's tire cost me a Benjamin Franklin. I've had it.

The Home Run Derby from San Diego and the All-Star Game should quell National anxieties on killings. I don't know what to say so I will close.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment