Wednesday, July 13, 2016

SMILE... YOUR VOCABULARY IS SHOWING!

Some of the words I use in my speech and blog are sesquipedalian .. characterized by the use of foot and a half long words. Fancy words make us think. Dirty words, sometimes can be used to drive a point home or put a nail in our coffin.

I don't think the Queen's English is dead it is just buried in layers of slang and guttural

 
LORD BYRON

 
LORD POTVIN
stuff. We all have two or three levels of language use. Shucks if the polite form of ship

Today I got two spiffy word power types of learning from the local library. SAT Words to Go.. and WORD MASTER. These are the real deal. Denis Waitley is the master of his game THE PSYCHOLOGY OF WINNING. This nine CD program of learning will truly keep me young. Same thing with WORDS TO GO.

Get with it and get learning. One new word a day will be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment