Tuesday, March 15, 2016

wikiHOW TO BLOG WHEN YOU'RE AN OLD BLOGGER LIKE ME

From the beginning of my time, first, I learned the Palmer of Penmanship and received a diploma confirming I could write legibly. Inkwells served two purposes, first to be a reservoir of ink, then for girl's pigtails.:) The good nuns of Saint Joseph took our efforts seriously. No hens scratching was allowed. As we practiced perfection came our way.


And then there was the proliferation of ball point pens. The ink was gewy and indelible. If you had a pen rupture the damn ink lasted for days. Then things got better including my writing. I have handwritten papers dating back 60 years giving testimony to my basic training in blogging. I have always enjoyed writing; I have proven to be a man of letters!


Writers bloc is an alibi for me. I had a great English teacher at Junior Collage in Worcester. His red pen markings were definitive in my style. Mr. Gould taught me the ropes. The people who say they can't write are on crutches.BY DOING you become better and better and better. I used to write summaries of snow storms in New England. Pieces of history you might say.


College term papers, too, were definitive in developing my writing style. I say "tell it like it is!" Charlene Whitman says "people buy heart." Document your lives in word. I always employed picture post cards and still do. Thoughtfulness is not delivered in a wheel barrel. You must craft your work. Isn't it fun when your grandchildren write thank you notes in their own hand?


Today I received another blogging book for my library:BLOGGING FOR WRITERS by Robin Houghton. "How Authors and Writers Build Successful Blogs." This beautiful new book shows how blogs began in 1999 and have soared like STS-95 carrying John Glenn back into outer space. Today 250,000,000 are crafted daily around the world and I'm thrilled to be a blogger claiming over 5,000 entries to date.


So here's the deal: WRITE. You can never go wrong doing the write thing! Ha Ha.





No comments:

Post a Comment