Sunday, March 13, 2016

THE VIRTUE OF HAVING VANITY PLATES

Wait a minute! You mean to tell me you've spent $50,000 for the pride of your life..a spiffy new white automobile or SUV and you don't want to spend fifty bucks more for your signature, your initials or whatever. There seems to be a poverty mentality in the process. Worse off your shiny new vehicle is not kept clean. Oh my... but why? It is illogical.




I think some folks are sensitive to being identified. But why? Vanity plates are classy. Just ask those who have them. These plates are a rare breed as I constantly observe plates. Recently I saw "IKE." I observed some plates recently bearing scars of the car wash. Get  new plates, damn it. Then only cost $10 each. Massachusetts license plates (Tags) have been around since 1903.."Massachusetts Automobile Register."




License plates, traditionally have been political plums. First it was "low numbers" then about 1966 "Big Sam" was one of the first I remember. Five digits were boiler plate, then MTM. Frank Cooke had WO and Charlie O'Connor had CO. Lyons Funeral had 9042. People take pride if then invest in a vanity plate. I've owned a couple in the past decade. Louis B. Grace, MD was the plate guru of the Brookfields.




The vanity plate CoolPL8Z.com is a curious site for those who dare to care. Of course #1 in 1903 has been in the Tudor family for well over a century. I think folks are afraid of being in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong person. Richard B. Johnson, Esquire sports OZONE. What's your pleasure? Time to upgrade, my friends!





 





No comments:

Post a Comment