Friday, March 4, 2016

SOCIAL UNREST - 2016

I don't like the mood of my Country! It is reminiscent of 1968 when all hell broke loose. LBJ saw the writing on the wall and quizzically asked "What do they want?" and now, it is not even Spring and Donald Trump's organization seems to have its hands full. Political types are squirming. Candidates have stepped down while others are side stepping.










I try to avoid as much hype as possible. Music and reading are my antidotes for relaxing...plus picking up my Poodle. I will not jump to conclusions. Instead, I'm still "fighting the war in Vietnam. "I  just watched Professor Lisa Grady's landmark presentation on Agent Orange "Battling Nature in Korea and Vietnam." C-Span 3. She writes "Those are the things of which history is made" regarding documents I sent.








Vietnam veterans  owe it to themselves to learn more and stake a claim for disability benefits. I did.


Fortunately, I quit smoking the year I came back home - 1968. On Monday I visit with my doctor, Bimal Dey.








Who knows where this current episode of social unrest will get us? Mankind can be most cruel both in war as well as peace!





No comments:

Post a Comment