Wednesday, March 2, 2016

GOOD MORNING VIETNAM!

Today I made an astute observation in the big clothing stores in Framingham and Natick. The reality is clothing "Made In Vietnam" is flooding our garment markets all around the USA. From suits to nuts the greedy garment industry no longer has clothing made in USA... they follow cheap labor. This fact is found  in 'Trade in Goods with Vietnam.  a humongous deficit of $30,921,000. It stinks.


We export a little over $7 Billion to Vietnam we import $ over $30 Billion... and the prices I observed today aren't cheap. This burgeoning trade deficit has mushroomed in the past decade. When I was last in Ho Chi Minh City the negative numbers were peanuts.




Ain't nobody who is going to change the posture of America. Heck, a pair of American-made shoes costs $500. I paid $12 for a good pair of leather shoes in 1956..French Shriner and Urner.


Stupid consumers don't look at the labels. I don't think they even look at the prices. They just shop until they drop. Fancy labels  don't mean zilch to me. I think the Salvation Army is the best option to this highway robbery. WE MUST ADOPT A VERY DISCERNING ATTITUDE for when I returned to Vietnam in 1998 a mentor to my chariot driver said 'The Communists control all of the jobs, Bob.!' Sod there you are...Communism exploiting Capitalism.

















Numbers don't lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment