Sunday, March 6, 2016

WEEDS OR FLOWERS? WHAT'S IN YOUR MIND?

There's a lot to living a fulfilling life no matter the age. Life can and should be roses not weeds. Weeding your mind is like weeding your garden. Some people I know are fastidious when Spring comes around. This will be a rebirth of spirit. The redolence of roses makes you want to run for the roses. How beautiful. And yes, we must force Mother Nature to respond.






Do you have a Green Thumb or do you prefer greenbacks? Back in 1999 I scored a big one with a hard full of perennials. Didn't know they came with the property on Fullam Hill Road, North Brookfield, MA. The Late Franklin Drake of East Brookfield had two green thumbs and provided local churches with redolent bouquets. Wonderful.






The other day at the Natick Mall I observed some daffodil sprouts 4 inches high. Finally, a sign of life and the miracle of life right before me Son Ben relates it was 61 degrees in Charlotte today. We had half that here in the Brookfields. I will take brilliant sunshine seven days a week.







































Fifty years ago it was 7 weeks of clear sky.. no clouds.. then the Monsoons.


I suppose, into every life rain must fall. fortunately we are blessed with reservoirs of the highest order. Not so in the Desert Southwest. In South Georgia my friend and auctioneer brother Col. Maurice Barfield irrigates with a pivot like a huge circular lawn sprinkler.


All of us need some form of human and spiritual irrigation. We must shed all our yesterdays and plant seeds of happiness and appreciation. No complaint departments here.


Finally, my pageviews are soaring and soaring and soaring. Today I approach 300 hits  268 exactly. I must be doing something right? You keep your cerebral cortex watered with goodness and I will do the same. Breathe deep and prepare for  wonderful week in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment