Wednesday, March 9, 2016

DIM, DIM, YOUR LIGHTS!

Boy, am I learning about how not to use electricity in my house. Simply stated it is about rethinking the world we live in. There are so many categories in the application of electricity, and like running water, if we don't shut off the spigot it keeps running. My Late friend Jack Swedis, an electrician, told in a humorous way how electric meters spun like a Ferris























wheel. Too many times we are too lazy to pull the plug.






Our homes employ many uses of electricity. We are married to the stuff.. lighting, water heating, space heating, refrigeration, televisions and related equipment. Clothes dryers, furnace fans, computers and related equipment, cooking, dishwashers, freezers, clothes washers and more. Isn't this list amazing?! And to think 100 years ago my grandparents used kerosene.






NOW, comes the Pepsi Challenge. What do we really need at any one time?




Tonight, I learned another conservation trick or two.. unplug stuff you are not using! Even when it is "Off" it is "On." The power companies are foxes. They love us for their stock holders. The three top uses in our homes are air conditioning, heating, and lighting. Put on your ready Kilowatt hats, my friends and outsmart the power companies or at least try!






Along another line of power, my pageviews today soared to 352 up from 200! I am learning I must make calls if I am to get results. Thanks Natalie, Mike and Ben.






This was a Spring day and I'll take it. How was yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment