Sunday, March 20, 2016

DUKAKIS V. BUSH 1988

The Election of 1988 proved to be a supreme disaster for Gov. Mike Dukakis.


Tonight's CNN Road To The White House had Bush driving in his limousine and Dukakis tanking his Abrams tank. The one hour special is superb. Dukakis hasn't had so much media since the days of Willie Horton. The program will appear again... look for it.


To have a presidential candidate from Massachusetts was great; to have two from Massachusetts  was supreme. Bush was born in Milton in 1924 and has resided in over 30 houses. He's peripatetic.. he is everywhere. Bush was born rich, lives like a king and is righteous in my view.\


Mike Dukakis is somewhat stiff lipped. He was our Massachusetts governor three times. I guess Mike was a good public servant. Doctor Grace entertained Dukakis in the mid eighties at Graceland.


Historically I look back on the times I have been in the presence of both men.. The Duke in Ware, Mass and Bush in New Hampshire. Covering a presidential campaign was fun back then. Today it's another story. In this world of make believe I have seen the media grow exponentially. In 1992 I had fun with my Canon-FTQL 35mm camera.


I had the chutzpah to maneuver my ways both in New Hampshire and New York City at the Democratic National Convention. It was truly a good time enjoyed by all. Now I have the memories of many moons ago. Seeing Mike Dukakis the way he was and the way he is puts things in perspective.


Pageviews today were at a low of 214. Now we must pump up my BLOG. Spread the word!





No comments:

Post a Comment