Thursday, March 10, 2016

MY MADNESS IN MARCH -2016

When my forebears arrived from Canada the game of basketball wasn't even invented. My French-Canadian- American roots had other things on their minds: raising huge families as scratch farmers in wine Village and adjusting to life in North Brookfields "
Little Canada." Grandmother played the piano as grandfather played the fiddle. There weren't any athletes in our family.


Fast forward 100 years and Chase Robert takes to the courts and life with abandon. It is certainly thrilling to see this kid throw himself into life at age 11. His friends and classmates respond to a team and tell me they are destined for their own greatness.


On a much sadder not I received a call from Leominster from "Johnson" friend William Tin telling me Richard was hospitalized! Dick has a staph infection in his right lower extremity. I dropped everything, set my gps and headed for the Leominster Hospital not knowing what to expect. When I got there I found my friend and brother in Intensive Care being fed intravenously. I decide to clear my throat to awaken the man.


While I was there he was transferred to a corner room where a friendly nurse and helper grilled him with questions. Amazing are the technologies of today's hospitals. I felt assured Mr. Johnson was in the right place for the occasion. As to any diagnosis? I don't know.  I will check in with my friend in the morning on his SmartPhone.


Now I have a double-header at hand the Republican Debate and a Big East contest featuring Seton Hall. My St. Louis Billikens lost earlier in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment