Saturday, October 22, 2016

THE FORELORN CUBS of yesteryear WIN THE PENNANT 10/22/16

Lou Tice said 'TEAMS KNOW WHEN TO WIN!" Yep, a Midwestern World Series. Cleveland is a 12 hour drive from the Brookfields. Wanna GO?


The world series are one of the wonders of our world. East Brookfield's Connie Connie Mack won 5 Titles and 9 Pennants as I recall. Now, there will be "Cold Weather" baseball in the Midwest. .IF you do not have a65 Inch HDTV go to Whitco or Walmart tomorrow...$800? I have enjoed my Toshiba when they sold for $1,000.


Baseball is a spiritual entity as I see it. Martin
D. Leach nurtured my boyhood on North Brookfield's Common . My dad used to hit me flyies with his Joe Cronin Hillerich & Bradsby 36 inch bat. At Fenway, my Field of Dreams The NB Police took busloads of us each Summer to Fenway.. I recall asking Satchel Paige a question under the  stands. "Go see the baseball man "was his reply.


Number 9, TW, was awful. In 1959 Jimmy Cadman and I were treated to a Sunday doubleheader and sat in Section2.game by Joe and Rita. After the game we awaited Teddy Baseball in his 55 Cadillac Coupe, He was bad. As the fans swarmed around his car he herded us yelling like a Drover .."Bad News Williams."


"n 2003 or 2004 The Splendid Splinter died. I was living at the Chelsea Soldiers Home at the time. I was curious. Any signs from the fans? Yes, A SINGLE PINK STEMMED ROSE .. RIBBONED  was LYING ON THE FRONT DOORWAY.


Yes, Williams  had 20/15 vision. So what.Yes what! Williams was a jet pilot in the Korean War! I recall being at Fenway when he got off active duty. Semper Fi!


Tonight the cold winds overtake our Indian Summer. Now it will be the Indians from Cleveland chasing the Cubs from the Windy City I once had a red wool Johnson  Wool Jacket I dubbed my World Series coat. I wore it proudly to Series in St. Louis and Toronto and Atlanta. Every where I went, Sons Ben and Josh were at my loving side.


Chicago vs Cleveland is awesome. I was an Aetna Man learning about the big Chity of "Chi-Town" Everybody will love this particular Series and you talk about gambling...yea sure, that's different! STRIKE 3  YOUR'E OUT.


Robert Louis Potvin
Chief Baseball Blogger
October 23, 2016

"TICKETS?"

No comments:

Post a Comment