Thursday, October 20, 2016

AMERICAN LEGION AMERICANISM AWARD WON 1997!

During the last days of my marriage I stepped up to Home Plate and pleaded my case as an American.I distinctly recall standing in front a hundred of Legionnaires in a hall in Sutton, Mass. se.I distinctly recalling my words:" I was there when My Country needed me. I was drafted and served in the U.S. Army as a Medic for 1 year, 9 months and two days.












I won the contest. The American Legion has always served me and my family well! SonJosh, too, was a Boys Stater. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.




My Patriotism is in my soul. Mother bid me Goodbye from the Sugden Block in Spencer on May 13, 1966:






IF YOU COULD GO TO SAINT LOUIS (1962) YOU CAN SERVE YOUR COUNTRY AND THAT I DID and made my parents proud!












Today, at the Merriam Gilbert Public Library here in West Brookfield, Mass. is my display " LBJ and MY VIETNAM MEMORIES."I am living the American Dream and invite you to MY second floor displays. I thinK you will enjoy it. I once was "an American fighting man: VIETNAM . 1967-1968  willing to give my life for my Country"










 SENATORTEDDY KENNEDY MY AMERICANISM  CONNECTION!


AUSTRALIAN DUNLOP BOOTS





IKE


MY M-37 ARMY POWER WAGON


FDR

 LONG MAY SHE WAVE.


A RARE CAMP DAVID  PHOTOOF JFK WEARING A HAT 1961



THE TRUTH NEVER FELL DEEAD IN THE STREET! HST


DAVE POWERS








No comments:

Post a Comment