Sunday, October 30, 2016

KENNEDY'S PEACE CORPS May 1, 1961 by Executive Order

I am sorry but I was Drafted - May 13, 1966 (a Friday.) My room was 1313 at Griesedieck Hall, Saint Louis U.


I would not trade a birth in the Peace Corp... My year in Vietnam was more revealing..in my opinion. The Philippines was one of the first of the Peace Corps adventure. The one difference in my opinion is I SHED MY BABY FAT BY RUNNING A MILE EVERY MORNING AT 6:00. I don't think the Peace Corp Volunteers were required to do pushups! LOL.


Hey, PV Voluneers served their Country as I did.


It seems the debacle of VIETAM overcrowded the romance of the Peace Corps.


Essentially, LBJ died in disgrace despite all of the fantastic legislation passed. Johnson as like a runway locomotive...JFK had poise, charm, vision, good looks and a beautiful wife..Jacqueline Bouvier ( a good French name..LOL.)


And so it goes ad the song goes. Life Goes On!.




Very Truly Yours,


ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
Your 21st Century Blogger -At -Large
West Brookfield, Mass


TRICK OR TREAT!
2016
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment