Friday, October 21, 2016

THE DAYS OF MY YOUTH IN NORTH BROOKFIELD, MASS.

The days of my youth were truly the days of my glory! From age 1 to age 20 I was the roamer of North Brookfield. In today's fog, another retrospective of my hometown. My mission was to pick some pig walnuts on Donovan Road at Fullam Hill Road. I found two nuts,..wow. I guess the squirrels squirrelled them away for Winter!






Fullam Hill Road wasn't paved when I was a boy. As an emerging adult, Diana and I rode horses and enjoyed Puppy Love. Doc McArthy, a veterinarian allowed me to ride shotgun in the Summer of 1955.I can still hear his unique howl of calling home the Jersey cows for milking by hand.   "Come Bosse!" The fondled the cows tits in absolute unison....LOL






Little Georgie Reeve was my sidekick as was Charlie Purdy. Our lives were simple in sophistication. Abe Aframe, too, had cows and my buddy Jack Emerson sported his FFA jacket as he helped Abe. Jack Aframe was an auctioneer...ahem. LOL.






Helen Burley was charming and gracious. Clarence "don't call me Buster".. later a banker was always friendly towards  BobbyP me! The virtues of my hometown afforded yours truly a wonderful life of simplicity. The Sunoco Station on South Main St. was built by A.L. Potvin..Uncle Al and my father Joseph E.








Wine Village is but 2 miles from where I now live. Chase Robert, Lily Victoria, Madeline Grace and 'Baby-Girl Evelyn' are the 7th Generation in town. Since 1858 as evidenced by a page in the Massachusetts Archives in Dorchester memories garnered by taking life's road less traveled as Poet Frost one wrote has made all the difference in my advancing years.






It all began with " Pop" and I picking nuts every Fall!





"The Days of Our Youth are The Days of Our Glory"  Lord Byron



Vermont


"JOHNSON AND I LOVED THIS!

Color Me Exotic


Like My First Car at Age 14.."33 Chevey






No comments:

Post a Comment