Sunday, October 16, 2016

DODGERS BEAT CUBS 1-0

This new Century is revealing how beautiful our National Pastime really is. My 1967 Impossible Dream was made possible while serving in Vietnam by AFVN Armed Forces Radio - Saigon. The broadcasts were transmitted Live beginning at 1:00 AM. I ensconced on my OD liter in my lab as the St. Louis Cards sent the Red Sox reeling in 7 Games.




It was like yesterday..49 years ago.. The Sox were hot. Years later I spoke with Sox Manager, the Late Dick Williams about the experience of being manager. "Owner Thomas A Yawkey never came near the cubhouse until 3 weeks before the World Series began.




Earlier in my Autograph seeking career I wrote Mr. Yawkey about how I appreciated the 1974 Season. In a small brown business envelope with a return address of 4 Yawkey Way , Boston, came a hand-written letter from the Sox owner! "Thank you for your letter... and it was a good one. We do our best and have learned you just can't satisfy the fans all of the time."




Years later I sold the letter to Halls Nostalgia for $100... maybe a mistake as Mr. Yawkey is in the Baseball Hall of Fame! GONE is the letter...alive, and intact are my memories of 1967.... MLB and otherwise..




Yes, the Dodgers beat the Cubs in a 3 hitter...Stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment