Thursday, October 20, 2016

FIGHTING AN INCOMPATABLE MARRIAGE ?"


FIGHTING AN INCOMPATIBLE MARRIAGE?


Are you fighting in an "incompatible " marriage? Are you "striving to out rank everybody' for the sake of the ALMIGHTY DOLLAR? such WERE THE WORDS of a Jesuit mentor of mine. Rosario Mazza, SJ, once of Colorado fame said to me.."I was away from home as a Novitiate in the Missouri Province for 12 years, Bob. Then as I rode across the plains of Kansas or Nebraska Pike's Peak emerged on my western horizon. As I got closer my tear ducts flooded my emotions with LOVE>


I know the feeling as I, too, cried like a baby as I saw the sunrise over of Ohio from my seat in the 707.I was a "Coming Home Soldier" AS THE ""POLISH-AMERICAN PRINCE, Bobby Vinton ' "No Purple Hearts Do I Wear on my chest!"


If you can accept the fact we are all victims you are on your was towarda living a more complete life! At age (74) I am larning what it really to live life to the fullest.


I am so sorry to hear what 20th Century children have gone through. It's awful. awful awful like a Friendlys drink! Matrimony ends up in divorce and who suffers? The Kids.


Women struggle, men struggle, and the grandparents simply stated just don't have the energies according to my loving mother who lived to be almost 92.


Admittedly, I was married for 28 years... then the Big D.
 I sought advice and counsel from Jesuits, lawyers and close friends. I traveled to Hong Kong, back to Vietnam and Australia!


It was a catharsis to devoid me of the impact of a divorce. But that was then. Blessed with two fantastic sons and 4 'Baby-Girls" I live and prosper!


Father Mazza's advice was simple "stay good Bob" and I have for the most part.


Life is not easy.... yet we fail to count our blessings.  Don't even try to outrank anybody and Lady Luck may shine on your beings at any age! I know as 'The lady" is shining on me right now.


"STAY GOOD."


In closing I maintain  "I always do my best! How about you?"


Sincerely  yours,




ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
CHIEF BLOGGER
October 20, 2016
West Brookfield, Mass.
 

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment