Friday, October 21, 2016

LIVING DANGEROUSLY ENOUGH? TRY TEXAS ON FOR SIZE!

If you are old ( whatever that means?)Are you giving your life the best or are you overweight, lonely and maybe even depressed' As Ma Bell espoused ("Reach out and touch someone." "Pity City" does not have to get the best of our advancing years.


America The Beautiful beckons our involvement. Like Johnny Cash sings 'I've been everywhere!' Tonight I was thinking BIG and thinking of TEXAS. Wow.. Texas may be a great alternative to Fla, Cali or whatever. Honolulu and Hawaii doesn't sound bad, either!




Yet the State of Texas has such a wonderful mix of Americans!


 During the 1966 airline strike I saw a Greyhound ride I will never forget. From Tyler Texas to the  Meandering Rio Grande River, Texas reigned  supreme. I have been to Dallas, Houston, Austin and my favorite.. LBJ Country on the Perdinales River.


Brooke Army Medical facilities is where I lived as I was trained: San Antonio.. from August to November. The incredible TEXAS SUMMER HEAT yields to a fantastic Late Fall and deep blue skies.. Big Bent National Park is huge. These tiny New England States may not be for cowboys but Texas is.






The Alamo is situated in two places; Downtown San Antonio and 50 miles west where John Wayne and maybe Davey Crocket staged a siege for the silver screen.




Texas is so historical..With at least 3 Presidenial Libaries and two Bush-residents d know all aboit OIL and BASEBALL. The Bush Klan are straight-laced Yankees. So what, there's something special in GHWH 'Read My Lips and Broccoli! Oh yes..






Heck, if I had money I'd buy me a Mercury and head South for December, January, February and March... See The USA in your Chevrolet (or Rolls Royce or Rhonda Honda!! Texas Mexican Border Towns host mariachi bands and tequila. I once bought a brown sued leather shirt( in Mexico)..  I once bought a pair of cowboy boots at Klems..STAGE COACH BOOT MAKERS..BLACK FOR $30.00.The leather is so supple. Today, I have retired my boots, not made for walking anymore ..and love building my new professional image, sartorially speaking. ALDEN SHOES, Absolutely YES! www.TheShoeMart.Com  Norwalk, CT.


Buy shoes here and save American jobs!~


Okay, 'back to Texas'..Highly recommended by Bob Potvin - BOBBYP Trip advisor.


Oil or Cowboys? You decide.


Sincerely,


ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
CANCER SURVIVOR... since 2003
Myelodysplasia ( low platelets, etc)





$20 U S Gold Piece . Cost  2 Grand?
 

Vietnam boots
 

Beloved Jack and jackie
 

UNIQUELY ME
 

The Brothers Kennedy
 
 


Forever may she wave!

My favorite for a Grand?
 

Wow, what a President JFK was.




No comments:

Post a Comment