Friday, October 21, 2016

IS IT HOWDY DOODY TIME?

Is it "Howdy Doody Time" in the fabled Peanut Gallery? Now that I have your undivided attention let's talk about 'Slip and fall Claims.' ss an old Aetna Man for a dozen years I larned the following: Man is pretty clumsy sometimes and it is our own damn fault. We think we still are "one and twenty" but we are more than 7 decades on Mother Earths planet.






My first spill came at age 20 at Saint Louis. I was sporting a new pair of hippy shoes with leather souls. Going down the stairs at the West Pine Gym I went "ass over teakettle" pirouette!I fell down the flight and without injury. It promped me to send a Letter to The Editor of the University News. They printed my letter with the caption "FALL GUY."


I Suggested the University have "abrasion strips" at the edge of each stair . Remember how 'The Quabaug Rubber used to make full treads?" Man, old age and stairs.. everywhere we turn..trouble may be at hand or foot. Be careful!


Just now I had a Professional detail my inlay floor kitchen . But then I had to do "poop." The floor was wet and I know the inherent dangers. SO..I DECIDED THE SAFEST  WAY WAS TO CRAWL on my hands and feet instead of glissading to my to peril.!


I recall many years ago when my loving mother took a stumble down a flight of stars with her wicker laundry basket full... The poor lady suffered for weeks.
Being young and foolish I crawled on all four late at night, more than one.. tying to sneak into my swirling bedroom.




I had a certain rich aunt that took a spill and fractured her navicular. She slipped and fell on ice. Don't be so proud and say it cannot happen to me! IT CAN HAPPEN.. any time anywhere.


The one and only lawsuit I defended while in the employ of "Mother Aetna" came down in BROCKTON ..c. 1974.A lady slipped on a piece of cellophane  and was injured. The shyster squire" lost her case against the A & P. The judge said 'this poor lady was born under a BLACK STAR. Indeed.  The Jury found for Aetna.!

So now I have hopefully created an awareness that the season is coming on strong. Either get some ice  "creepers" or CREEP TO FLORIDA, ARIZONA OR EVEN AUSTRALIA. Winter.."Love I Or Lave It!"


Sand and salt can be our salvation. I am not afraid but I will tell you what: Black ice is around the corner! Wage your offensive now.






HOWDY DOODY TIME IS COMING UP. BE PEPARED!






Sincerely yours












ROBERT LOUIS POTVI Chief Blogger
WEST BROOKFIELD, MASS.


 P.S.. IN MY SEARCH FOR REMEDY OF A WET, CLEAN KITCHEN FLOOR! I USED AN OLD LANGEVIN TRICK WHEN HE ENDURED AN IRS AUDIT AT HIS HOME ; HE TURNED UP THE HEAT ON THE AGENT. TURNED UP ALL HEATERS TO DRY MY FLOOR! 'SMART OLD MAN".

No comments:

Post a Comment