Sunday, May 6, 2018

THE ESSENCE OF MY HAPPINESS

Heidi Potvin ran the Marathon in Holyoke this day and everybody in the Potvin Family won! Son Josh was running late in picking Pops up. No problem.

To be with 4 grandchildren in their spiffy Toyota Van was special. As the kids woke up the conversation grew. EVIE seems to be the spokesperson of the group at age 4. "Laid-Back" Chase sat behind me and piped in an opinion every how and then. Lily and Maddie were ensconced in the rear. Now and then I used the rear-view mirror on my visor.

Lily, true to form sais "POPS DON'T LOOK AT ME!" It was like playing tag with my 12 year old. All kids were up for the event as 'Mommy" was running her 3rd Marathon!

Josh tooled the Toyota along the course of the run. We met up with Heidi many times to cheer Tracy Waz and my daughter-in-law in the Spring rains of Western Mass. Grand Mount Tom was partially shrouded in rain-clouds.

Our traveling at a turtle's pace allowed us to enjoy our Fragile Miracle of the moment. Yellow colours plastered the growing fescues. How wonderful to have the Season at hand. SonJosh whistled at the "girl's" encouraging the duo onto completion.

I remained in the grey Toyota for the most part MY Cup Raneth Over as Josh trumpeted his horn on the van.

The finale provided with Grilled Cheeseburgers in Paradise. Josh hit me up for money and I shot him a crisp Fifty stating "I want $100 in return." He laughed.."GOOD AS GOLD!"

Despite the dreary day, us POTVINS know how to LIVE even on a rainy Sunday in Western Mass.

Thanks, Family!




No comments:

Post a Comment