Monday, May 28, 2018

POSTALE AMERICANA - MY NEW ENTERPRISE

The thought comes to me.. IF stamp collecting is now an Old Man's Hobby.. I have an idea of merit!

Since 1954 I have been enthralled  in employing my hobbies of  Old Coins, Stamps, Clocks, Watches and Autographs into my livelihood as an entrepreneur/auctioneer/ antique dealer. Times have changed immensely since then with Forever postage and digital clocks. Flee-Market Flip has transformed and bastardardized all traditions of American Heritage.. or so it seems.

So, what to do? Make lemonade out of lemons!

Years ago, U.S. Postage cost 3 cents to mail a letter. More importantly was the inherent beauty of all postage. The engraving process features U.S. History, Geography, Biography and much more in sheets of postage. Definitive postage carries 100 stamps per sheet bearing Serial Numbers..

























Plate Blocks.. if you may.

Now, there's a glut in the marketplace...Too many stamps.. not enough buyers! Cancelled, Pre-Cancelled or Mint condition. EACH TOPIC AND SERIES OF ISSUES TELL A STORY!

The availability of most stamps is amazing. Dealers are selling these babies for deep-discounts to be used for postage.. recently at a coin show I observed "postage" offered at 70% of face!

To me, this is a great opportunity to offer a unique collectible to all who want to propagate our past in postage. Nothing will be finer than U.S. Postage.. framed and possibly matted? Kids bedrooms can be a wonderful application of my idea! Family rooms and offices can tell YOUR STORY. All you'll have to do is select your preferences ( or your kids.) From GW to Bugs Bunny.. and tell your story!

I will be following up this idea with traveling to Lincoln Stamp and Coin in Worcester, then to the Cardinal Spellman Philatelic Museum in Weston, MA. Wish me luck!

"I'm Stuck on You!" LOL

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
"POSTMASTER"
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 01585

No comments:

Post a Comment