Thursday, May 17, 2018

MY RUNNING THE MILE IN PLATOON D-15-4 FORT KNOX,KY 1966

Today at dawn I witnessed two figures running against traffic on Route 9, WB. Two yellow illuminated vests revealed two of my friends: Ms. Waz and Ms.Clark. It was inspiring for me to witness these 'multiple-mothers' greeting a new day in style.

Where my family runners get the energy I will never know.

Then I had a flashback to my "running moments" at Fort Knox in May of 1966. Each day at 0600 we formed in platoon: 55 men. Dressed in white T-Shirts, OD fatigue pants and combat boots we "did the run." I know how I felt after 8 weeks of that shit. As Tony-the-Tiger says "I feel great!".. and Great I felt.

Nothing in the world can make one feel better than "getting off your ass" and giving your self a "mental shampoo". Too many "Mothers"" are not setting the example of health. In her eighties, Mother Rita walked with gusto.

I see many "heavy mothers" walking and running around the Brookfields each day. Good. They do not appear to be trim, however! STOP EATING CHOCOLATE< Ladies!

And so it goes....."Children learn what the live" and my grandchildren are learning from 'Mommy and Daddy' "good everything!' In Body, Mind & Spirit"... thanks Family and Running Families!..You'e The Ones!

Love,

POPS
















No comments:

Post a Comment