Monday, May 21, 2018

"DIABETES BOB" AND THE MARY LANE ER

After a fitful night of sleep and excessive urinating I called the Northampton VA hotline explaining my situation. They referred me to Dr. Sangay in Worcester. Minutes later a nurse called me with my options. "Can you drive to Northampton?"  I said Mary Lane was just 7 miles away and drove to Ware.

The brilliant sunshine of the morning cheered me up a bit yet I wasn't feeling up to speed. All of the Mary Lane (aka Baystate Medical) treated me with expediency, respect and even a little humor. Test were done (BP reading, urinalysis, oxygen (100%) and a LIBID Profile of my blood. Dr. Roger L and attendant nurses took care of me. Diagnosis: Dehydrated! I was infused with a saline solution, reassured I was going to live (LOL) and released.

My Mary Lane Hospital experience earns this health-care-provider an A+. thanks, Gang!

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
Medic 91p20. U.S. Army Vietnam
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 01585

5:30 PM reading: 256

No comments:

Post a Comment