Saturday, May 12, 2018

'AMERICS IN COLOR' AGAIN!

The Smithsonian Channel is showing America in Color and for the past 4 hours I have delighted in reviewing my U.S. historical perspective of the Twenties, Thirties, Forties and Fifties. There is no better way than to watch this "First time in color" presentation.

In watching each segment I polish up my American Heritage. It all ties together. My appreciation of U.S. History is manifest in my hobbies and dealings: COINS>>STAMPS>>CLOCKS>>WATCHES & AUTOGRAPHS.

I don't think any American citizen can ever know "too much history." Being historically illiterate is

s a COP OUT! Knowing the past gives us a better future.
 
 
My Grandkids!
I think too many people are lost in the maze of things. Not necessarily me.

Being "well balanced" means being instructed in many things in life. Today, Heidi, Lily, Maddie and grandmother Chris traveled to Boston for some ballet culture. Even though we live in the hinterland.. Boston affords so much for ALL citizens. My grandchildren are being shown the WORLD and I appreciate this fact.Being provincial truly means having a limited purview.

 So, "MOTHERS" teach your kids well. Share your enthusiasm with their curiosities and you'll both have a better appreciation of each other.

Chase, Evie, Josh and I traveled to Agawam in a futile attempt to get Heidi a chair. We had fun, though, in the May mist!

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY Mamas!

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
A FULFILLED "POPS."
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA

No comments:

Post a Comment