Friday, June 8, 2018

WHAT WOULD MARTIN D. LEACH THINK OF DOLLAR GENERAL?

The imposition and juxtaposition of the spiffy new DOLLAR GENERAL at the entry gate to the Education Complex in North Brookfield, MA at 2 Oakham Road is mind boggling to me!

Welcome to the real world of 2018, I say.

The McNulty farm sale in 1956 saw acres of diamonds transformed from agriculture to a new Brain Factory as Richard B. Johnson once said. Now the brilliant illuminated yellow signs of 'The Dollar' transforms my hometown.

Nothing I can do about it. "If you can't beat them.. join them!" I will have breakfast at the Senior Center then go to the store for a preview. If publicity is the word I have been receiving a plethora of visits on my DG blogs: over 600 visits to date!

Frankly I feel the new store will do great. It has to. The Dollar  General invasion is at hand. Maybe the Good Dollars will sponsor "Dollars for Scholars?" Really, what would Mr. Leach say?
















My Great Grandmother's "Dollar General"

No comments:

Post a Comment