Friday, June 1, 2018

REMEMBERING JUNE MESSIER, RICHARD GAGNON AND DONALD ST. CYR

Memories of tragedies in a small town can last a lifetime. For me, the passing of friends never leaves my spirit. Three premature deaths of classmates is a real fact in my life.

Donald St. Cyr. was killed by a shotgun slug to his abdomen by a friend who didn't know the gun was loaded: 1952.  June Messier's body along with her boyfriend's was found dead at Brooks Pond parking area by classmate Sara F. in September of 1960.. victims of carbon monoxide poisoning. Richie Gagnon died  from kidney failure the same year.

The thought that all three of my friends didn't live to see children and grandchildren in their own lives is terribly sad. Now and then I visit their graves at St. Joseph Cemetery at Bell Hill, NB, to serve as a reminder of  what might have been in their lives? R.I.P all three!
THE "LEACH FACTOR!"




NBHS  NOW
 
 

MUSTER 1893

CORSETT SHOP  NB

UBER CAB OF THE TIME  1903

MONEY STORE


EB BRICKYARD OPERATIONS 1903

 
SKIP LEDOUX  1934


OUR BELOVED TOWN HALL   THEN


No comments:

Post a Comment