Monday, June 11, 2018

STRAWBERRES IN THE BROOKFIELDS

The farm stands tout "Local Strawberries"  when in reality they are imported from Hadley, MA farmer.. The first place I attempted to buy some came as a surprise "SOLD OUT!" Next I went to the"Bee Orchards" across the street from me and paid $5.99 for a pint. I bought 2.

In preparing these beauties I noticed a trait: Puny strawberries buried below the big ones.  Some strawberries are as big as golf balls dipped in chocolate. Not mine.

I'll have to buy some at Hannaford's to compare the taste and size. I submit all strawberries are not created equal!

Bring back the Lazarick strawberries! It was from Stanislaus Lazarick where I picked strawberries and eared a nickel a box. I do admit I ate the biggest strawberries, of course! lol.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment