Thursday, June 14, 2018

THE GALE-FORCE WINDS ON BIRCH HILL WB

In theory June is supposed to be many things from the mowing and bailing of hay to planting the crops. Today the air masses were more like March!

I returned to see Josh and he suggested I lay on the hammock. I did. I tuned in to Beethoven's Sixth Symphony and allowed my mind to "Wander As A Lonely Cloud!" With the strong sun of June I relaxed until a zephyr turned into a 39 MPH Gale!

My SmartPhone related "the wind atop Mt. Washington was 43mph!" It seemed that was the wind speed in West Brookfield. For the moment it was fun. I studied the cherry and walnut trees overhead while Josh worked at his kitchen table inside his home. As my overhead became overcast I decided the "fun was over."

New England weather seems to hold the upper hand in all outdoor activities. "Too hot.. too cold.. too windy.. too bad!"  And yes it will change. What's next? Snow on the Fourth of July? LOL
Mount Washington, NH

Bell Hill Observatory  NB

My Toy


My Toy in Action


No comments:

Post a Comment