Wednesday, June 13, 2018

FLAG ETIQUITTE

There's a certain decorum in flying Old Glory. Never should the flags of two nations be flown on the same staff! Certain folks in the Brookfields fly other country's flag with Old Glory. Also, there are many interpretations of what our flag consists of. To me it's Stars and Stripes in the Red, White and Blue!

I have a neighbor who flied an Army flag below the American flag. To me, that's fine. Another "clown" down the road has two US flags flying and one has slipped away from a correct position months ago. But why? Doesn't he know better?

Interpretations of Old Glory span the spectrum of reality. I guess I am as guilty as anybody with my Flagadilic pants? People react positively to my demonstrated patriotism.

A couple of homeowners on Birch Hill have $500 flag poles and they never fly their flags. Others fly "rag flags".. those in need of replacement.

The U.S. Government sells high-quality flags and sell them through their Members of Congress. Junk flags " Made In China can be found at Walmart or Dollar General.

As tomorrow is Flag Day I submit we all fly Old Glory with pride. As George M. Cohan once wrote :"You're A Grand Old Flag!"

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 01585



No comments:

Post a Comment