Sunday, June 17, 2018

QUABAUG ON THE COMMON - MY FATHERS' DAY VISIT 2018

With an hour delay in my FD dinner invitation I decided to go to the nursing home in West Brookfield. I'm glad I did! I spoke with two very old women we all know: Theresa Matasavage a Quigley. In both cases these ladies are approaching age 100! Theresa will be 98 on June 23rd and has a winning smile to this day. "You made my day by your visit, Bob." I responded "you made my day.! you are truly amazing!

Theresa is a disciple of Mother Rita and has very nice things to say about my Late Mother. Thanks.

Mrs. Quigley and Paul Berry were spoken to along with the many "Angeles of Mercy" who oversee these folks. Harold Chesson wasn't in his room. I was told he was out with his daughter, Mrs. Baker.

My thoughts are we must not forget the very old.. regardless.

My three hours with my family were relaxing, filling and fun. The grand children swam in Ronnie & Chrissies pool. Evie continues to steal the show at "almost 5." She donned yellow-framed sunglasses and kept everyone laughing.

My host and hostess provides with a full meal of barbeque chicken and steak and potato salad with chocolate cream pie for desert.
. Delicious! Chase and mommy were working on his "colosseum project" for class at Quaboag.. due tomorrow.

Earlier in the day I spent three hours scrubbing and scouring and detailing my bathroom and kitchen. Standing tall! Tomorrow I work on the other rooms and breezeway windows.

My Fathers Day 2018 was as good as it gets. Thanks.

BOB POTVIN
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA

No comments:

Post a Comment