Monday, February 20, 2017

WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A POSTGE STAMP ENTHUSIAST

Today I had the pleasure of meeting the Postmaster General of the United States of America: Megan J. Brennan of Pottsville, PA! Also, I also chatted with Nicholas R. Francescucci, Postmaster of Boston. These two luminaries are responsible in  seeing "the mail gets through!". a tall order, indeed.




`I am impressed with the efforts of the USPS in making today's ceremonies special. It was much more than a First Day of Issue. The crowd towered well over 500 fans and well-wishes of the Memory of JFK... My thrill came in chatting with so many good folks, primarily philatelists .Better yet I had lunch with a Mr. Dan Fenn who served as the First JFK Library Director in 1971. Mr. Fenn was spot on in describing JFK who was his boss in the White House. Everyone I knew and know today liked JFK. He seemed to possess a magical prowess.




President Kennedy was "your friend but not your pal." It was an honor in chatting with Mr. Dan who was born in 1923. I was born in 1942.OMG.


The crowd was huge and the lines for buying JFK materials were big. Also, Mike H. in the Bookstore was doing a land office business on this beautiful day in February.




My patriotic trousers were an absolute winner. House photographer had fun snapping my photo as did the Cape Cod Times. Reporter Geoff Spillane quizzed me in my story. I recounted the Summer of 1964 as a Ranger General in Provincetown.




There are many goodies available with the USPS & JFK. Why not buy some?










No comments:

Post a Comment