Friday, February 10, 2017

JFK AS A SPACE VISIONARY 1961

From generation to generation man has been enthralled with Space. Tonight, on my return from the JFK Library and Museum, I looked in my rear view mirror as I sped along the Mass Pike: THE MOON!  From month to month in the lunar cycle we get excited!.. at least I do.


It was colder at Columbia Point when I arrived to see my friends and do a little research on the forthcoming JFK Forever Stamp. I think the name forever is good as it seems Kennedy's goodness is forever.


In researching thinhs I was surprised to learn the rice University crowd to hear the president was 35,000! This is how real JFK"S popular remains. I put in my request to the powers to be of being first in line on The "FIRST DAY OF ISSUE". cancellation. Hopefully I can maneuver my quest as a philatelist.


Coming back in the winds of the Groundhog I got lost. No big deal. Getting lost in Boston builds character. Man did I build some character after a scrumptious bowl of JFK Clam Chowder and a bottle of Nantucket Nectar.


I recall President Kennedy saying "there are a lot of people in my Congressional District. Kennedy was right. I drove across black after block of poverty personified or so it seemed. Three story buildings of fine architectural design of 100 years ago. Heavy traffic, winter and people bundled up as if there was no tomorrow.


Twenty miles west lies the Natick Mall and car dealerships. Extreme wealth if you ask me. I took it all in as I was in no great hurry. Reviewing the bigger picture a welcome on ramp to the Mass Pike made my driving easier. A big Semi tooted his fog horn. I don't know if it were for BLOG or Army? I saw  total of one vanity plate in ten thousand Spirit of America Number Plates!


Indifference does not a man a thing to my BLOG passion.


Be it as it man, snow and more snow they say. Let's get on with the snow! LOL!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment